Saturday, April 14, 2012

It all started with a mouse...

I guess you could say I'm a Disney dork but I wasn't always this way. Walt said "It all started with a mouse" and it's true. But let me back up and tell you how this accidental tradition started for me...

I've always enjoyed Disney movies as much as the next person. What child of the 80's didn't grow up loving The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King and Aladdin? I even visited Disney World a few times as a kid. But the dork (some might say addiction) part began about 5 years ago.

We were in the middle of planning our wedding. In the chaos of dress fittings, choosing flowers, picking out music, creating seating arrangements, buying decorations, etc, we realized about 2 weeks before our wedding date that we forgot to plan our honeymoon! Oops! Now, it was all a haze and neither of us can agree on how we decided on Disney World as our honeymoon destination, but we promptly booked a package deal, said our vows and off we went!

Of course it was a fabulous trip (and I'll save that story for another post) and we came back to the real world. Fast forward nearly a year. We started talking about how we wanted to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary. I surprised myself by sharing with Dear Hubby (henceforth referred to as DH) that I kinda, sorta felt like maybe we should go back to Disney. Hearing myself say the words out loud seemed a little crazy. Like the first time you think about having pizza for breakfast. Sure, you like pizza, but for breakfast? That's not natural, right? And yet, once the words are spoken, you feel like now you have to do it. Just to see. And that's how it was. Once I put it out there, I started getting excited about it. And thus, Anniversary #1 was scheduled.

After 2 trips, we decided that our nephew would really enjoy the World and that it would be a lot of fun to take him. So for Anniversary #2 our vacation expanded from DH and me, to DH's Sister, her husband, 5 year old nephew and my mom. And we really did have a blast. We started to learn more tips and tricks for touring, how to save money and time, hidden secrets, etc. It was great!

However, my brother missed out on the big family extravaganza. So, for Anniversary #3, we went back with my mom and my brother. After 2 trips in a row with family, we were looking forward to going back to simpler trips with just the 2 of us. Thus, Anniversary #4 we returned and somehow discovered new things.

Other people might think we've seen it all. We're no strangers to the reaction
"You're going to Disney AGAIN???"
But we can't break tradition now! Anniversary #5 has been booked and we leave in 159 days (plus a wake up). This blog will serve to document our planning, tips and tricks, interests, reliving previous trips, and to share the magic! If you're still reading, thanks for checking out this blog and have a magical day!

1 comment:

  1. Beberapa Faktor Dan Ilmu Dasar Permainan Poker untuk meraih kemenangan di Bandar Poker Online juga wajib di perhitungkan. Karena ini menjadi salah satu modal utama para pemain sebelum berada di meja permainan (Baca Selengkapnya...)

    ReplyDelete